Last updated on: 1 April 2019
- Contacting Tillotts
If you have questions on how we collect, store and use your personal data or if you would like to exercise any of your data protection rights described under Section 10 below, please email us at email@example.com or use the contact details at “Contact Us” in the header of the Website.
- What types of personal data does Tillotts collect and why?
The personal data we collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Types of personal data
Why we collect them
Information you voluntarily provide to us:
When you contact us via e-mail, we collect these data (as well as other information you may send us via e-mail) to process your inquiry.
Information we automatically collect when you visit our Website (log file data):
The log file data are automatically provided by your web browser. In certain countries, including the countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal data under applicable data protection laws. We use this information to understand how our Website is used, where our Website visitors come from and what content on our Website is of interest to our visitors. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website for our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under Section 6 below.
If we ask you to provide additional personal data not already described above, we will inform you about the intended purpose at the time of collection.
- Whom does Tillotts share my personal data with?
We may disclose your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- To any competent law enforcement authorities, regulatory authorities, governmental bodies, courts and other third parties whenever disclosure is required (i) pursuant to applicable laws or regulations, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other individual.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
- Legal basis for processing your personal data
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal data from you only (i) where we need the personal data to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal data from you or may otherwise need the personal data to protect your vital interests or those of another person. If we ask you to provide personal data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal data).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our Website and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries or to improve our Website. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have any questions on the legal basis for the collection and use of your personal data or require further information, please get in touch using the contact details provided in Section 2 above.
- Cookies and similar tracking technology
- How does Tillotts keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal data.
- International data transfers
Your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our Website servers are located in Germany, and our group companies and third party service providers operate in countries like Switzerland, Japan and the USA. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in any of these countries.
- Data retention
We retain personal data we collect from you for as long as necessary for the purpose for which your personal data was collected and processed (e.g. to answer a question you asked via e-mail or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
If we have no longer any legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete your personal data or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. Statutory retention periods remain unaffected.
- Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access your personal data, or have your personal data rectified, updated or erased, you can do so at any time by contacting us via the contact details stated in Section 2 above.
- You can also object the processing of your personal data, request us to restrict the processing of your personal data or request portability of your personal data. You can exercise these rights by contacting us via the contact details listed above.
- You can also withdraw your consent at any time if we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent. Withdrawing your consent has no impact on the lawfulness of any processing we performed prior to your withdrawal nor does it impact the processing of your personal data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority concerning the collection and use of your personal data by us. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- Links to other websites
 Affiliates include: Tillotts Pharma AB (Sweden), Tillotts Pharma GmbH (Germany). Tillotts Pharma France S.A.S., Tillotts Pharma Spain S.L.U., Tillotts Pharma UK Ltd., Tillotts Pharma Limited (Ireland), Tillotts Pharma Czech s.r.o.